Europe thus far
- Is super ratchet, pretty much as ratchet as China
- Hottest city. I died
- Delicious food. Lots of seafood (that goes for all of Italy)
- The Vatican was WAY TOO PACKED like you couldn’t even enjoy any of the pieces you were just a fish in a sea that kept flowing through the hallways it was so awful.
- The colosseum and pantheon were cool
- I discovered that everything fucking closes spontaneously and at will. Went to 5 different restaurants my friend recommended to me and they were all randomly closed on a Tuesday night or something
- We only had a day here so we didn’t see much poop
- Went on a day trip and saw the leaning tower of Pisa and took super touristy photos
- Tried to find this sandwich shop in this marketplace which was also fucking randomly closed
- Here I found out that businesses randomly go on holiday for like two months in the middle of summer so you never fucking know if a restaurant is gonna be closed or not and as a tourist this is fucking killing me like yelp says you’re open google says you’re open and you’re not and I just walked 6 hours and I want food and you’re not fucking open ffs
- One of my favourites. So beautiful. Everything I imagined it to be.
- I’m biased because I love coasts/places with water
- The gondola ride was 110% worth it
- This city was kinda boring to be honest
- Saw the giant duomo church and there was a service going on and people were being loud and taking photos and I feel so awkward visiting these holy sites as “tourist attractions”….
- We came here on a Sunday so basically the entire city was shut down
- Still got to see some cool stuff
- So expensive. My asian parents insisted on chinese food and a fucking plate of fried rice was 18 swiss francs (like $20)
- Also they don’t use euros they use swiss francs
- Very clean and much more north american
There is clearly a lot of residual hurt in my life
The next few months will be about healing.
- everything reminds me of china seriously from the moment i got off the plane all the small details like the running man exit logo are the same as in china. the streets the signs the license plates.. like everything
- from my hippie geography roots this place is AMAZING the escalators turn off when nobody is on them and the bathroom paper towel dispensers are these rolls of reusable towels and the hallway lights in the hotel are motion sensor
- tried to order an iced americano but got espresso over icecream instead (affogato) lulz
- a creepy old man stopped on his bike to wink at me and ask me where im from and ask to have lunch with me
- two people asked me where the birkenstock store was cuz i was holding a bag from there
- h&m wifi is a godsend
- the friggen cabs are all Mercedes #baller
I am going on a semester long exchange and Uppsala Universitet in Sweden starting this September! I leave for Europe on August 7th.
If you have tips or comments or anything at all you’d like to share, give me a shout! I’d love to hear about your Europe experiences.
This just hit so hard
Never deal with emails past 10pm.
Nature is scary.
Poor Simon was frightened by the sound of thunder and little River (being deaf) has no idea what’s wrong, but started snuggling and giving bunny kisses to try and comfort him. She’s a good little sister.
omg i died